Student Events and Activities
The 2018 Study Geelong Jobs Forum was held on 23 August at the Geelong Library and Courthouse Youth Arts Centre.
Thank you to our presenters:
- Taf Kamba, Associate Nurse Unit Manager at Epworth Geelong. Taf holds a Cert IV Nursing from The Gordon and a Bachelor of Nursing and Masters in Clinical Nursing from Australian Catholic University.
- Gabrielle Marchetti, principal lawyer at JobWatch, the community legal centre that runs the International Students Work Rights Legal Service.
Four fanstastic workshops were also held:
- Liz, Creative Director, What Your Customers Want, shared tips and tools to make networking a purposeful and enjoyable experience.
- Mel, Managing Director, HyperSocial, showed students how to use LinkedIn to build their profile and get noticed.
- Jodie, Skills and Job Advisor, the Skills and Job Centre, explained how to respond to selection criteria when applying for a job.
- Tracey, Manager Careers and Training Services, The Gordon, calmed students' interview nerves by preparing them for what they should say, do and wear.